View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-31-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashnaheen View Post
I will sell at the highest price people will pay for it.

Yay!
As much as I am an American and support capitolism. Everything including capitolism has a dark side. And the above statement is the prime example of the Dark Side of Capitolism: Greed.

Looting stuff in an MMO is akin to playing the lottery. You have no control over what results you get out of the loot any more than you have control over which numbers come up each drawing for the lottery.

Yet these loot items are priced as if real work, rather than the luck of the draw, had something to do with ther acquisition. Now if specific loot were always dropped by specific mobs, then a measurable and quantifyable value can be placed on them. As it is now, there is only one measurable value associated with sellable items, and that is the designated worth of the item. Which is why, if I sell anything on the Exchange, it will be for that value.

All it means is that it might take me a little longer to acquire the energy credits I may need to get stuff I want. But I am in no hurry. It's an MMO, not a race.