View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 02:39 AM
Yup this has been requested since CB, but no official word from Devs has ever been given.

Give us the option to zoom to 1st person mode. I wouldn't think it would be that difficult. The game already does it if you move close to a wall and spin the camera just right.

Same goes for Space. The option to put the camera in front of the disc, like a "bumper cam" in car games, would be great. Or optional "camera placements" on top of the disc and in the deflector dish would be nice too.

Actually yesterday I was playing a ground mission, when something weird happened to the camera. I don't know how to replicate it, but a combination of crouch mode, nearby enemies and some boxes behind the captain, and my camera got stuck in a 1st person mode!

It lasted for a while, and I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately when I tried to take a screenshot, I accidentally hit Home instead (darn new keyboard with the buttons in the wrong places!) and the image was returned to the sad 3rd person mode.

But at least I saw that the 1st person mode is completely doable and fine in STO. Just implement it already!