Thread: Trill Troubles
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
Headstart is not the "launch" of the game it is just a bonus for preordering allowing you to play a few days before the game "Launches" so when the game does launch you will get those bonuses at the launch of the game.

The joined Trill is not a preorder bonus it is a feature of the DDE.
Sorry I cry BS here. If the casual player, or player that bought the game just read the Atari description, they make it seem like you get ALL bonus items AND a head start. If you can point out where they say otherwise (below is a cut and past directly from the sales page) then I will give you a cookie.

NOTHING about a seperate Pre-order key and actual LAUNCH day key. And if you read what I have BOLD UNDERLINED and in Italics it makes it seem like you get this at pre-order. See I read the FAQ posted here AFTER I already orded the game. I then tried to cancel it and UPGRADE to the Collectors as soon as I read it...Atari said NO. This is false advertising Period...end....

Pre-order offer:
Pre-order now and receive guaranteed access to the open beta, and access to the head-start weekend. Beta begins January 12, 2010 and runs through January 26, 2010. Head start will begin on January 29, 2010, and runs through launch.

Pre-order customers receive a registration card (or email) calling out the offer and delivering a UNIQUE code which will flag their account to receive all pre-order content. All bonus items and perks are non-transferable, non-tradable, and non-saleable items.

Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe exclusive in-game items :

"Joined Trill" - a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience.

Original Star Trek Uniform Set - Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).

Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote - An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk's unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry: "KHAAAN!"

Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote - Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture - the blood wine toast.

Unique Registry Prefix - Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.

Unique Ship Item - Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.