View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 26 Why the hostility?
02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slough-3yeZ
Account "Hacking" becomes only a problem because the account holder has no elementary knowledge of IT security in an era where its supposed to be your first and foremost priority.

It ain't Cryptic job to handhold you, teach you how to secure your login datas, how to surf safe, etc. It's your own job.

If you can play an online game you should at least have some rundementary IT security knowledge. If you don't, tough sheeeet!
Really?!? This thread is merely a suggestion to Cryptic so it is very hard for me to understand your rude response to what would not (in theory) impact you whatsoever. While you may have the time keep up with your "rundementary" IT security knowledge, some of us don't have the time or luxury to devote a significant amount of time to fully understanding how to properly set up firewalls, proxy servers, et cetera. I used to be a tech geek in college but then I had to go get a job. Therefore, I would rather spend my free time doing things more enjoyable than keeping current on the latest developments in IT security protocol.

I welcome the opportunity to buy an authenticator as I don't wish to deal with the hassle of having my account hacked. Here's an incredible bonus as well, if Cryptic makes the authenticator (which are relatively inexpensive to make) it puts more money in to Cryptic's pockets so then they can in turn spend that money to better STO. For less than 10 USD I can have a little more security and potentially a better game... I'm in!