Thread: Trill Troubles
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 41
02-01-2010, 11:56 AM
The bottom line is, any relevant information to a purchase should be displayed ON the advertisement for it. Argue "Buyer Beware" all you want but if Cryptic had any shred of decency they would have put a little asterisk beside the Joined Trill bonus that said "Joined Trill not available until launch" instead of hiding it in a FAQ a person has to go out of their way to read.

Any other Marketing reward I've ever gotten in an MMO was done in such a way that you could add the bonus to a previously existing character, I just expected this would be the same. I didn't have any questions about how it worked, so whay would I read a FAQ? "Joined Trill" is listed in the EXACT same place as my "head start access" and I've never had an offer where 2 of the pre-order bonuses were exclusive to one another. Why would it be so hard to include the Trill symbiote as an item in your iventory that added your extra trait when you use it? Because they're lazy.

Defend it all you want. The point is, all these complaints could have been avoided by being honest and including any relevant information to the purchase ON THE PAGE WHERE YOU PURCHASE IT. Not in the middle of a FAQ on a completely different page.