View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-01-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't know how many of you have ever played Planetside, but this was a common problem there too...

For the longest time the supposed 'easy mode' faction was the New Conglomerate (NC) and they had weapons you could just point and spray. Then there was the other end of the spectrum, the Vanu Sovereignty (VS) who were gimped for the first 2-3 years.

Like in this game, where the Klinks complain that the Feds lack teamwork and general tactical thought, the VS would say the same about the NC. The funny thing about Planetside too was that the populations were usually skewed to about 23%VS/45%NC/32% Other faction; it was interesting that all Vanu players would just adapt to their crap-tastic gear and overcome the mindless zerglings.

The problem comes with the screaming for nerfs. Genuine player skill, to a typical zergling (or fed ball'ling) looks for all the world like over powered game skills. I can only plead with Cryptic to not pay any attention to the forum whiners, and instead go and observe some actual PVP battles to see the balance yourselves.

Me thinks you would be surprised at how many times a Klink team of smaller size completely upsets a fed team of greater size through tactics, and I also think you would be surprised by how quickly those @names turn up here to complain.

I am a fed player and I say that everything seems pretty well balanced atm.