View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SYLiam View Post
You paid for the game. The headstart was an extra gift, you didn't buy it. Stop acting so entitled.
You, sir, know absolutely nothing about retail or business law.

If something is an advertised part of a product, regardless of what they call it ("free bonus", "package deal", etc) it is legally considered part of the purchase. For financial purposes, if I paid for a game that comes with a bonus, as long as that bonus is advertised as part of the game before I bought it, then it's just as much a part of my purchase as the game itself.

It's a shame that there's no buffer on internet forums to block out posts by people who feel the need to make blatant statements without having any clue what they are talking about.

If I buy a car from a dealer who advertises "free TV with purchase" and then do not get the TV, they are in breach of contract for violating the terms of sale. The "free TV" is part of the sale of the car as much as the car is. If the dealership delivers my car and doesn't give me a TV as advertised, they have committed false advertising.

Now I know this isn't quite the same thing that's going on with this game, because they are not INTENTIONALLY causing the bugs, but that is almost a separate issue. The issue here of whether or not the head-start is paid for or not is a no brainer to anyone who actually has the slightest clue how the world works.