View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-01-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by G4URDIAN View Post
I have more than adequate hardware, with an 8800GT and a triple core Phenom II running at 3.5ghz, but I think the point is the game's graphics do not justify the performance issues we are facing. WoW is a beautiful game, EVE is a beautiful game, both run perfectly on my machine. Hell even ME2 is maxed out and runs well. The problem is STO is not meant to be demanding, and Cryptic needs to address the issues we are experiencing. I'm a patient person and will gladly play STO for as long as it satisfies me, but lag, rubber banding, skipped frames, and choppy audio really takes away from this game. Either way, I want to see either vastly better effects, or smooth gameplay.
It's still barely launch, I don't understand why it's so hard to wait a bit. WoW and every other MMO for that fact had horrible game starts. Rubber banding is always gonna happen. and Cryptic is addressing issues, hence the down time. Hence the maint. If you don't think there addressing issues, you aren't patient. Nothing happens in a blink of an eye, especially with coding/modeling.