View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
I don't get this apparently allergic reaction to micro-transactions. Its like WoW bashing, which is also often based on misconceptions and ommisions of the real truth, just to sound "cool" in some perverted way.

Personally, I'm happy to see such options appearing. This is a company after all, and companies exist to make money. Want everything for free included as part of your subscription? Sorry but that's not how it works.
Often new races are introduced with expansions in other games. Which, just like micro transactions you have to pay for. The difference is that micro transactions just give you access to content now that traditionally would be reserved for big expansions. You dont have to buy them, they are there for your convenience.

You have to ask yourself, what is your motivation for playing a Klingon, is it that you just love the ruggid good looks and charm, or the whole game experience of being one?
so your cool with paying 15 bucks a month, paying for stuff in the online store AND buying expansions? Good for you if you are, your just the type of person these companies look for. I have nothing really against mts so to speak, however i think they belong in a free to play game and not in a game you pay monthly for. Imagine if you will playing World of ********, and having to have paided to play a DK via mt and having to buy the Wotlk Xpack. That never would have happened.

If a game insists on mts it should just be limited to vanity items, server transfers, renaming characters ect.

But thats just my thoughts on it. By all means, feel free to blow your money on stuff that probably should be in the game already, after all it is your money, I hear EA games is looking for some new 'customers'.