View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksol80 View Post
While I wouldn't say they have been down more than up, I do share the frustration. I have children and finding time to get lost on the computer can be difficult. I too am tired of hearing "this is how this works" posts. This game has crashed on me so many times, and that doesn't include server downtime. Its not like I'm using a old computer either:

i5 650-bumped to 3.7ghz
Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P
XFX RADEON HD 5770 1 GB
WD 1TB 7200rpm 32mb
WD 320GB 7200rpm 16mb
OCZ 4GB DDR3-1600

When its playing it plays beautifully. But crashes on away missions seems to be my hang up. Its not like I'm always in battle either. Hell it crashes on SB1 too. These are bugs that should have been caught and fixed. I have a lifetime sub too. Going from today...16 months is 486 days, 2 hrs a day downtime is 972 hrs. That equals 40.5 days of down time. That's over a month to downtime. If things continue this way.

Not sure if you just missed the posts in the support section. Or maybe you've tried it and don't mention it. But if you are still having crashing on away mission try turning off dynamic lighting.

The server was down a lot during the 4 day head start. But I thought they made a tremendous effort yesterday, it was only down once as far as I recall and was prefect the rest of the night.