View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 07:20 AM
It sounds like Fleet 1580 might have what you're looking for. We are a fleet of mature (30+) officers who all have jobs, families, and other responsibilities but play STO for fun. I myself have two young daughters at home, and I usually can't jump on until they're asleep. We are a smaller fleet, and that has made for a very friendly gaming experience for all of us. Each of the fleet's officers know the others, and so there's lots of friendly banter and helpful advice on the Vent channel. We highly value teamwork, and our veteran officers help out newer officers to learn the game.

We are located in the Eastern and Central US timezones, and most of us have similar playtimes to what you describe. Since most of us have jobs and wives, and many of us have children, fleet events are never mandatory and there is no minimum weekly time commitment. I can entirely relate to your varying playtimes -- last night I got in about three hours, but the previous two nights I couldn't get on at all. It doesn't seem right to punish people for having a busy life, so we don't.

We certainly agree with your thoughts on moderation. We want to experience all the game, not just part of it. We do a little of everything, and what we do is decided by the fleet.

We do use some light RP elements, such as fleet ranks and awards, and we do use character names in-game, but RP is not mandatory.

We would be honored if you would consider joining us. Our fleet site is here: http://fleet1580.guildlaunch.com. If you have other questions, please feel free to PM me. I wish you the best of luck in finding a fleet, and we hope to see you in-game!