Incurring higher Respawn times. (DEVS PLEASE READ!)
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
02-02-2010, 08:06 AM
Originally Posted by
This would also mean we (as Klingons) wouldnt be able to 'bully' targets by picking on them (often happens at T2 - we target the escorts).
Why not?? We kill the escort - and his respawn timer increases... not ours. His gameplay which was 'pretty bad' becomes 'terrible'? How is that a solution?
The reasons I disagree:
- you are further penalising a side that has already lost a player for 10 seconds + travel time + full impulse recovery (and lost a point in the case of tdm).
- a 1 minute respawn timer doesn't exactly make for thrilling gameplay for new players.
- it makes playing on the losing team even more painful. (much like the idiotic 40 kill count in ground-pvp).
- it makes being a Fed escort (or any ship not built for defense) much less valuable - the more you kill them, the less they contribute.
- it makes full battles less likely if people are worried about a 60 second respawn timer.
The current problem can be resolved without resorting to this type of thing - scale PvP rewards by 'duration of match'. If the match is over in 2 minutes, it's worth less than a 10 minute map. (this is what should have happened in ground-pvp rather than the 40 kill counter)