View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-02-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexCaliber View Post
That would be good advice were it not for the changes to the skill system; itís impossible to remain fluid, at present no respec options are available, and while I am sure we will have the option to pay for one through the c-store as some point, itís not enough to switch out and experiment with builds. Because we have to spend points on skills in order to advance, players need an idea of what path they intend to take as soon as they hit Lt cmdr, as that is where the skills applying to ship paths diverge and we really do not have enough skill points under the current system to make mistakes or multiclass effectively. While it is certainly possible free respecs will be available we cannot count on that being the case until it happens.
Well trust me ... I was a WoW GM well before BWL was patched in and the things that changed after that were HUGE. I would bet a lot of money that the option to respec is just around the corner for Cryptic. I don't have a lot of history with Cryptic as an MMO developer but I have heard through the mundane grape fine that the microtransaction for a respec will be along side a harder yet equally available ability to earn a respec.

Don't take me word for it. As a matter of fact just pretend that everything I'm saying is hearsay ... because it is. But if Cryptic is a genuine developer then just believer that the ability to respec is around the corner.

Keep in mind I did cancel my pre-order for this game, however. :p I need another drink ... BARKEEP! Another double Captain and Coke! LAzy sod!