View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Raimus
Well, the most logical thing to do, given the history from the Path to 2409, would be a change in Cardassian military strategy, especially as it states that they aren't supposed to field a military or wage war due to an agreement with the Federation at the end of the Dominion War. I still think it would be interesting to play as a Cardassian in a Cardassian ship and Cardassian goals, but I'm not sure how they'd work them in at this point. Maybe a small militia, something like that.
First and foremost, I do not know anything about the Cardassian faction! New to all of this Trek stuff. But this thread sure is interesting.

As the quoted message says, it is entirely plausible that the Cardassians have shifted tactical and strategic focus. Remember, Cryptic now have artistic license over the IP in this time continuum; the movies are now being created using the ST-XI time continuum. In fact, I really like the way they have done this, because it means that (as long as they get approval) they can do pretty much whatever they want.

Cardassians may well be setup to steal some extremely highly technological artifacts, or perhaps a small faction of scientists defect to them; either way, Cryptic could justifiably make the Cardassians a technological powerhouse. Just remember, this game is not set in the Enterprise-D era, it's the future, anything is possible