View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 48 Launch Address
02-02-2010, 01:24 PM

TRANSMITTING...PREPARE TO RECEIVE TRANSMISSION...ALL UBF CHANNELS...TRANSMISSION RECEIVED

"As of this moment… we are at war...

We will not surrender. We will not back down. We will not let ourselves be intimidated. The United Federation of Planets has stood for more than 250 years. We will not let it fall to our former allies. We trusted the Klingon Empire to be our ally in times of need; they helped us achieve victory with honour. We helped them achieve victory with peace and prosperity. But we have been assaulted, by a bloodthirsty empire that does not wishes to be our ally anymore. We will retaliate. We will show what the Federation and Starfleet is made of. We will be victorious, in diplomacy or at war. We shall fight for peace. They shall die for war." (quoted from Fleet Captain Wavy Lajeunesse of Omega Fleet).

It is finally here. A most historic day. A long awaited (and over due) day. For today, my friends, is the launch of the Star Trek: Online. Many of us have waited for this day for months...others for years. Finally, you will be able to experience Star Trek like never before. You surely will boldly go...where no man has gone before! I wish all of you the best of luck in fighting the Klingon menace. While you are out fighting, my diplomats and I will be trying to resolve the situation peacefully. We have tried before, yet gotten no where. Regardless, do not show an ounce of fear. Only by the sweat of your brow, the long and laborious work from you, your crew, and your ship can we bring peace back to the Galaxy. As we look towards the Klingons, trouble brews elsewhere. The Borg are wreaking havoc as they have for decades. Yet I can't help but think that there is a larger picture! For every conflict, there is someone behind it. While it may sound a bit paranoid, I can't help but think that the Undine (Borg Species Designation: 8472) are behind all of this. That they, and their shape-shifting ways, have occupied, secretly, the top spots in all quadrants, and have caused this conflict to escalate into what it has become. Yet, there's a time for speculation, and this is not one of those times. I wish all of you best of luck in your ventures, and I wish you luck and victory in all of your battles. These are troubling times indeed, but I know that we, as a UNITED FEDERATION can stand strong, one amongst each other. Friend fighting next to friend. Brother and brother. One of our forefathers once said "These are the times that try men's souls" (Thomas Paine 'The Crisis'). I urge you not to give yours up! Thank you all, and good luck. Live long and Prosper.

-KJ OUT

TRANSMISSION TERMINATED