View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 21
02-03-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clok1966 View Post
This has been the case for as long as MMO games have been out. Take Everquest, less then 10% of the gameplayers got to see most of the content in the Expansions as it was all based on the very vocal hardcore players (FoH ruined many a game). I KNOW there has to be a challange for the hardcore, and them being that (hardcore) they chew threw most anything in very short order and want more. When not playing as they have run XXXX 75 times in last week, slept 10 hours in past 4 days and have every peice of loot, they dont have anything left to do but be vocal in boards/forums.

While other players try different ships, classes, races and generaly dont care if they have the best loot and where max level a week before anybody else. They..err, um play and have fun.

To many games only worry about the Hardcore. One reason (god, i hate to mention it but...) WoW is so succesfull, the hardcore (though when compared to EQ, UO, and other older MMORPG's i hate to use that term in WoW) and the average players all have something they can do. WoW has simply not pigon holed any group, they add Raid, Heroic, but hey also add tradeskills, achievments, factions grinds (is that a good thing?) that joe shmoo in solo quest reward gear can do.

this is the reason WoW succeds and the rest servive. (opinion only)
I like what you said id just hate to get to high level to find the game controled by the Griefers moaners QQers and hordcore it want this game my way crowd that seam to infect and ruin every mmo