Xbox 360 Controller Keybinds
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Okay, folks here are the xbox 360 controller keybind files I promised! instructions below.
1. copy the files into C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
2. IN GAME use the chat window and type: /bind_load_file <filename>
3. repeat for the second set of bindings (space/ground)
- jpegs of the layout are near the beginning of this thread! look them over. the space binds seem a little crazy at first glance but play really well (IMO)
- I have changed joy4 (in on right stick) to be "switch to target follow camera" instead of equalize shields (found I liked the target follow cam once in battle and never really needed to equalize shields)
- for this binding set to work, you must have "free camera" chosen from the pull down menu in the options. default is "follow target" and it will lock the right stick (camera in my binds) if you do not make this switch.
- finally, depending on how you have your power trays set up, the face buttons might not activate the officers as I have them listed in the image. fiddle with the placement to set them right. Hell, they're your /bind files now, customize them any way you want...
Many thanks to Ko and others who started this thread and helped me understand the mapping process enough to slam this together. ENJOY!