Ship Combat General Info and Suggestions
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
02-04-2010, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by
I've been playing since release and I have some general questions/concerns.
1. Ship maneuverability, do the higher level ships move faster and turn tighter? Because I have the first federation ship and the turning is just ridiculously obtuse. A 360degree turn takes forever. Is there a way to bank or climb as well that I just don't see?
2. Match speed and heading? Is there a way to do this automatically?
3. Is there a way to select my target's target (keyboard shortcut)?
That's all for now, keep up the good work!
turning rate depends on several factors:
- Type of ship: Escorts turn fast, Science turn medium, Cruisers turn slow
- Aux. power: aux power affects the turning rate (among other things)
- Engine: Some engines are better at turning than others