View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Here's what I just posted in another thead. I realize it's a dead-horse too, but I think we need to keep re-iterating this because it's an important UI tool that we really want. Anyone who doesn't want it doesn't have to use it.

I just hit Lt-Cmdr 6 last night, so I'm half-way through this rank, and will be adding a third beam weapon when I hit Commander level science ships.

I AM NOT looking forward to having to return to spacebar-mashing, for the benefit of one phaser, like I was doing in the Miranda before I discovered auto-refire in the first place.

I'm enjoying the space combat for the tactical nature of it. Carefully timing my torpedoes and boff skills, controlling my power levels, and shield balance and facing. I do not want it to also be a button masher.

All I'm asking for is auto-refire capability for all beams. Technically I think we should have it available for all weapons, but people will be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't carefully time their torpedoes. I say let them! We should have the flexibility to use the UI as we choose.