View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2010, 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray10 View Post
The thing is full nudity is passable in the game as well.

If it stoped at PvE its your game auto fire away. If its PvP then no that would be putting the computer program in charge of the action. You may want to sit back and watch a movie but some who you will encounter in PvP might want to play the game. Although hitting the space bar doesn't take skill but it does take some effort.
That is why this is optional. If you do not like it, do not use it.

Thanks for agreeing pressing the space bar takes no skill. And that is correct, it does not. Now, you say it takes some effort, and that is not a problem really. The question is, what does that extra effort lead to? Does it show more skill? nope, you agreed it does not. Does it add more fun? considering I have a myriad of other things to take care of and this is not an arcade game, no it does not add more fun. Does it add more tactics? nope, as long as I have energy, it does not add more tactics.

So, in the end, what did that extra effort add to the game? Apparently, just complications for your carpal tunnel as far as I can see. So can that constant button pressing be removed from the game without it suffering? yup, I believe it can. This is a tactical game, not an FPS. Clicking like a madman may be ok for an FPS but not for this kind of game. It just creates more tension for the player, more lag (as it has to send more info to the server), and more unhappy customers.