View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YYC26 View Post
It's been a while, so my recollection may be foggy, but I'm pretty sure WoW wanted subscription info upfront as well, before you could start in on your 30 "free" days ...

Yes, and if I remember rightly, WoW continued billing me for about three months after I stopped playing, despite the fact that I stopped playing, and deactivated my account before the trial period has even finished, so they actually had no right to charge me a single penny. They also filed to respond on any occasion that I tried to contact them about it.

I actually check every game I buy now to make sure to it's not made by Blizzard. If it is, I won't buy it, simple as that.

But more on-topic, I have the same problem as the OP. I'm on the 'add subscriptions' page of the setup process, and when I enter the code on the back of the manual (marked '30 days game time included in this activation code, redeemable at...) it tells me 'This is not a valid Game Card key.'

Well of course it isn't a valid game card key, because it's not a bloody game card. I just want my free 30 days. Damn you, Atari!!