View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 138
02-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katalepsis
I'd like to see correct/proper rendering of weapons when they're out (so that the rifle butts don't go into our rib cages) and also would like us to stop transporting into friendly non-aggro bases (like earth) w/our weapons drawn. I'd also like to see weapons always holstered in friendly bases (it's very unseemly to have your weapon drawn in non-aggro friendly bases). Lastly, and most importantly, I'd like to see a button to toggle run/walk instead of having to hold down a key to walk.

One thing I've always hated (and I mean HATED) about all MMOs is that everyone runs, everywhere, all the time. I don't care if it's a realistic sim based game like SWG or STG or high fantasy like Eq/Eq2, ****, *** or Vanguard...NOBODY can run forever and not get tired!!! PLEASE, please please please, make walking more common for immersion...not to mention it looks WAY cooler than running around all goofy and n00bish w/your damn weapon drawn while on earth space station w/zero aggro chance (I can see pulling a weapon out to show friends or yourself that graphic but THAT'S ALL).

As for the running -vs- walking thing, I've converted TONS of players over the years to the practice of WALKING around towns and home bases instead of running all the damn time (even casual gamers who can't put in more than 5-10hrs of gaming a week, if even that, and they STILL love walking around now, especially a "small" zone like space station earth).

TRY IT!!!!!!!!
It totally agree, there needs to be a "always run" toggle that is not on by default in non-combat zones, normal people do not run everywhere in a social place like a town centre (which the space bases are the in-game equivalent of)...

And yes, I noticed it's very silly how you run around with weapons drawn all the time by default when you beam in straight away from the tutorial. You don't see any of the NPCs doing it. In fact you'd think that people running around with guns out and safeties off so suspiciously like that would be stopped by security!

It would be really nice if there was a bit more focus from the devs on story and atmosphere rather than concentrating on the "grind" elements for those who always want to try "win" unwinnable games that have no end.