How to: make a Romulan character.
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
02-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by
Spock's plan made sense. Create red matter and use it to capture the super nova. But something went wrong, and now your people have been left with billions of casualties and no home. But you know better, the Federation could not have been capable of such a thing. Despite past differences with the Vulcans, they would not outright commit genocide.
So here you are in Starfleet. Perhaps you're a Federation/Romulan Star Empire Alliance sympathizer. Perhaps you were in the right place at the right time, and now you're one of the Empire's most fortuitous spies. The choice is yours, Romulan.
- Humanoid 1.
- Access your color palette. Move your cursor to the top right corner. From here move to-
Row 4, palette 12 counting from the left.
My personal favorite.
Row 3, palette 12 counting from the left.
A little more green, perhaps too green.
While some argue that the Romulans do not have a green tint to their skin, I included it anyway. First of all, the accent is light enough to not be an eye sore. Second of all, I felt like I needed to do a little more to set them apart from their Vulcan counterparts. I think you'll agree, it looks pretty fantastic.
- Solid Color.
- This part is very important. There are no V-shaped ridges in the premade forehead detail without a little tweaking. This took some figuring out.
Use the Xindi Primate forehead detail. Next, move the detail up to one bar. (1/5) As you can see, all but the V-shaped forehead ridges have faded out. I would suggest going a little under one bar to make the cheek features completely disappear. This is how I got my Romulan's V-shaped ridges.
- There is one Romulan tattoo available.
- Humanoid. I would stick to white corneas and standard human iris colors.
- Pointed 1 or 2.
- Close 7 or bald seem the most suitable. Play with the others. If a Vulcan would do it, a Romulan probably would, too. Black is the most common hair color, though dark brown could work. Sela only had blonde hair because Tasha Yar was her mother. I don't recall seeing other blonde Romulans.
Short 9 for women seemed alright.
- I went with none, but it's preference.
- Pointed 1 or 2.
- Possible, but rare.
- Whatever you want.
Head Attach Organic
Romulans, like Vulcans, have physical prowess.
nicely done.. still looks too much like a vulcan bhut thats due to not being able to see the ridges properly
... but best ive seen so far.