View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Best type of weapons
02-06-2010, 04:41 AM
What I want to know is, what types of energy and torpedo weapons do you think are best? I've just gotten to commander and I'm trying to decide which types to max.

So far I like phasers and there chance to take down an enemies shields for a few seconds. This seems better to me than the other bonuses except for maybe the polaron's chance to lower power levels. What I want to know is, are there any other differences between phasers and the higher level energy weapon types. I know that phasers are slightly better on shields, while disruptors are slightly better against the hull. What about the other types, how well do they perform against shields and hull. And do some of them have higher DPS than their same Tier counterparts?

Same goes for torpedoes. So far I prefer quantums to photons since I'm in a slower ship, as I like to be able to do as much damage as possible with a single volley when I do finally turn to face my enemy. Are transphasics any good? They were amazing in the show. I hear they do more damage through shields than the other types. How does this play out DPS wise?

Please, all of you higher level players, let me know. I don't want to waste skill points since rescpecs haven't been added yet.