View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweXShadow
2. Death penalty when fighting in an open pvp zone you should be ported back to your starting system or the sector next door in order to stop the never ending respawn.

4. Add Star bases and other Defensive Structures in that zone in order to make Ground tactical.

7. Ability to jump people in sector space that is contested to drag em into a open Space Battle. the amount of people that can join one of these battles should be 1-20 ? or 1-5 or 1-10 per Side that is.

8. also give me more Reasons then just a respawn timer not to die. i feel no adrenaline when playing with nothing to lose.
+1 to these ideas. Really the first step is a death penalty (but one that can be paid fairly; Klingons have a disadvantage at the moment). The second major step is an open PVP zone.

After that, everything else should fall into place, including ally NPCs and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweXShadow
3. Lock down the Systems or Zone that your in when fighting after a certain time or amount of players that have joined. Give Rewards to wining Side and punish the losing side. ( if the run away they wont be able to enter a pvp zone again in 15-20 minutes) ( if they die they are as from option 2 out of the battle but free to join a new one once they are back and ready to enter the zone).
I disagree with the 15+ min timer. That seems too harsh a penalty -- and too much of a disincentive or discouragement -- for PVP. If we want PVP to be fast, exciting, and well populated (by lots of players), we need to encourage them to do it.

The rest just seem unnecessary, I would stick to the basics above.

I would also add diminishing returns on all stunlocks, chained abilities, and stacked consoles.