Thread: Odo?
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2010, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QE2
I think though although the federation have strengthened, so have the klingons. With even the possibility of a diminion threat and a rumulan threat the federation could be forced to fight a war on several fronts. Even the federation(we assume) could not afford to fight a war on so many fronts. If it's a paralell of the real world the no "country" caj afford to fight wars on too many fronts no matter how large thier forces...so I was just adding this point to the "threat" spock spoke of and how easy it could be for the feds to "handle the encounter"..bt maybe it's "encounters" thats the threat?

i dunno just thought I would throw the idea in there
The Romulans aren't a threat. They just saw their homeworld destroyed. The only thing the Romulans should be concerned about is the Klingons pushing through their borders (ideally). Since this isn't a scenario I'm completely versed in, I won't pursue this course any longer.

However, its not like the Federation is at war with anyone else. Sure there is the Borg conflict which never seems to end (only from headstart to ltc, haven't made it past that point). However, as the game stands, the only big threat is the Klingon invasion and their allies. So, if in the unlikely event that the Federation is at war (again) with the Klingons and Dominion, I think for, at least a short time, they can handle a two front battle. But at that point, the Romulans better step up and pitch a shut-out on their way to Qo'nos.