View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldfusion View Post
This game COULD BE AWESOME!! And its why i am so vocal about this. Just needed 6 more months in the garage before willingly taking our money
The thing a lot of people don't realise is that a lot of the time (especially for the less prominent publishers/game developers) the release date of a game is as much a budget deadline as anything. Months of game development is an incredibly costly endeavor.

It's very easy to say; "they should have pushed the game back 6 months", but just the salaries of the staff involved for 6 months is a huge investment. Your talking about 1200 hours per person, I don't know the typical wage or the number of people involved but if we were to be extremely conservative and say 10 people on $20 an hour that is $240k.

I'm sure if you had spoken up and offered to invest this sort of money in the game prior to launch they would have been most willing to push the release back.

In my experience people are very quick to suggest how things should have been done when they are completely ignorant as to why things were done.