Help me understand KDF Ship Chart
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
02-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by
I've been looking at Suricata's ship chart for KDF, trying to do some research and establish a rough game-plan before I make a KDF character. I'm having trouble understanding some of the things on the chart and was hoping someone could help me sort it out.
Surcata's Ship Chart
With regards to the Klingon Vessels, I have a few questions:
1) What do the "neutral" bridge officers mean? Does that mean any type of officer can fill that slot?
2) Are all of the ships in T1-4 classified as escorts? Or what all kinds of ships do the Klingons have available to them?
3) The big T5 battlecruiser confuses me. It has less weapon slots and less bridge officer slots than the other T5 ships. What's the purpose of the huge ship?
4) Do only the Bird of Prey ships have cloaking, or do some of the other ships have cloaking as well?
5) Can someone tell me about the 3 bottom ships? K'tinga, Vor'cha, and Negh'var. Are these cruisers? Or what are they?
Re 1) Yes
Re 2) Only the Raptor is technically an escort (although, even more technically, it is its own ship classification). The Bird of Prey is a swiss army knife, although escort -ish in nature.
Re 3) The ship I believe you are reffering to is the VoQuv- it is a behemoth with balanced BO abilities to support a fleet, and can launch fighters, support ships, or even another Bird of Prey.
Re 4) They all have cloaking except the Carrier. Birds of Prey are the only ships that can cloak in combat though.
Re 5) Those are the KDF counterpart to Federation Cruisers: Battlecruisers. They are a lot more maneuverable than cruisers and can equip cannons (cruisers cannot), but have slightly less hull points than cruisers. (FYI, they also kick serious arse)