View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFork
Starfleet officers dont craft anything. You dont see US sailors building weapons or ship components do you?

Why don't people get this? there is no player crafting system, there never will be nor should there be.
I completely disagree with you. The game itself does not fit Trek canon perfectly, nor should it. Just like converting books to movies, or movies to TV series, you have to make modifications to fit the medium you're shooting for.

This game absolutely should have an intricate crafting system implemented at some point imo. Virtually every MMO out there has some sort of player crafting system, some better than others. I think it would be great to go to a player to have my ship/ground compenents upgraged, to have buff food made by other players, etc. It would a nice touch of depth to this game, and make it feel more like a true mmo where people aren't forced to play a specific way in order to play the game at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game thus far, but there's a lot that could be added down the road to make it even better.