View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidfish View Post
It may "seem" that way but the server has been up for a considerable while longer than a "few hours". I think that your affirmation that you can "hardly ever play this game" is most likely a gross over-exaggeration. They have brought down the servers several times in the last few days, and there have been several patches as well. So i'm not sure what point you were trying to make. And the fact that this is launch week means that the game is young and they do not as yet know how many people are going to be playing long term, meaning that they cannot accurately guage the required server capacity.

This is not intended to offend you in anyway, but there are many many more threads like the one you have started here, and they all wind up being equally pointless. I'm sure Cryptic are painfully aware of the unhappiness of their players over the downtime, so there really is no need to keep starting new threads on the same tired topic.
I am not offended. And you are right, Cryptic is trying to figure out how many people are playing at one time. But one question that comes to mind is. When will Cryptic get more servers to accomodate more players? Look at what Blizzard is doing for WoW. Maybe Cryptic can learn a thing or two from its competitors.