View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf68 View Post
Appearantly you get medals at the end of a PvP-match according to the damage and healing (not shields, only hull/body) you did in game.
That is great for tacticians, because their skills are designed towards damage.

Alas it leaves out all forms of support, namely shield healing, buff/debuff, exposing (so others can exploit), crowdcontrol by hold and knockdown/knockback, tractorbeam and whatnot.

I am doing matches together with my brother on a regular basis and noticed, that he gets a lot more medals for doing "only" damage, while I do the fancy scientist stuff. We fight together in the battle, shoulder to shoulder, the banner of the KDF held high ... but don't get the same reward.

While I understand the problem, that people sometimes go afk during a match (I have encountered that only in PvE so far tho, not in PvP), I consider that system somewhat unfair towards the support people.

I hope for a better solution, maybe an activity rating, like how often a player used skills, special attacks or such.
Healers and supporters stay alive longer, thus do more damage over time. If you feel that your friend is hogging too much of the glory, you should take that up with him and get him to get some support as well (thus making you two even stronger).

If you got one guy doing all the support stuff, and one guy doing all the damage, and you are not happy with the outcome, that is poor internal communications, not bad game design. There is no such thing as a pure healer, nor does the game reward being too supportive or too damaging.