View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
02-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Hey there. I just wanted to make a quick post to suggest some improvements that I think would help the game along.
1) Add filter functionality to the Bridge Officer Trainer. I know when I'm in there I am usually looking for a replacement for a specific power. Since powers are tied to rank, space/ground, and specialty, it would be nice to sort for these things. So if I want to trade out my Science Officer's Lt. Commander Space power it would be great if I could limit the display to only show me the things I need.
2) Display buffs/debuffs more prominently. Now that I have almost reached Commander level, the bad guys are using more debuffs on me. It would be nice to get a little icon that shows what the debuff is. Ditto with buffs, although since we're usually activating it ourselves it isn't as important.
3) Deep spare encounters should definitely give a warning pop-up before pulling you in. I have been destroyed several times while picking new skills or rearranging inventory space and all of a sudden being map-switched. Even if I just warp back out immediately it is annoying when I'm in the middle of something else.
4) Only peripherally part of the UI, I suppose, but an in-game voice chat system would be lovely. I got spoiled playing DDO for a while and while the voice chat wasn't the best, I really miss having it now. Yes, I realize this is not a simple request, but I'm adding it anyway.
5) Using the viewscreen on the bridge to set up a chat session would be nice. Again, voice would be awesome, but even having text chat with the Star Trek feel of looking at your friend's avatar in the viewscreen would be cool.
Anyway, thanks for listening, and thanks for setting up a very enjoyable game so far! Feel free to PM me for clarification.