Thread: To all Vulcans
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Were I truly pure Vulcan, I'd say that love isn't truly a real emotion. That it's just chemicals in the brain, and that anything outside of logic and reason should essentially be ignored. In fact, love would not be the only thing you should completely be rid of. You should keep yourself from feeling sadness, irritation, anger, etc. That way, there's no possibility of being emotionally hurt.

However, by truly following a Vulcan pattern of thinking, following this pattern of thought could hurt other people. You essentially think mostly of yourself. I mean, it isn't fully selfish, it's just being logical to your needs. But many people outside of Vulcans may consider this slightly cold or cruel.

But, I admit, sometimes you need to be a little bit selfish. You NEED to take care of yourself in order to be able to further function around others again. Of course, this is me as a human with emotions that have been nurtured talking here. Take all the time you need to think about yourself for a while. No one can blame you for doctoring up your own emotions.

I'm no medical officer, but that's my perscription.