View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakenbloopie View Post
Greetings,

For some reason, I am having a problem with horizontal lines while in game. Characters and ships have the worst of it. It only occurs when I zoom out. On the entry screen with the avatar, there are noticeable horizontal lines and the same thing happens at star bases. VSync is enabled (didn't help) and half-res is turned off (didn't help). All graphics are turned up to the highest settings possible except AA (which I set at 4X).

I have an ATI HD 5770 graphics card. Has anyone else had this problem and figured out how to correct it?

Thanks,
Its a known issue with the ATi 5xxx series cards. Something like 5% of all these cards are experiencing the issue. And its not just with Star Trek Online in many cases. ATi has released a hotfix for the 5800 cards, but are still working on a hotfix for the 5700 cards. Check and see if your having any issues with any other games. Some people have such an issue with these cards, that occassionally everything switches to greyscale. I'm running a pair of XFX 5770's and am glad I haven't had any issues with it.