View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Basically, what I know is this:

Ensigns get 1 ground / 1 space. Lieutenants get 2 ground / 2 space. etc...

Each BO (Bridge Officer) can only learn skills that are the same type as them. Science BO's can only learn science skills.

You can train BO's any level skill at anytime. However, they can only use those skills when at the appropriate rank.

BO's get access to all their ground skills when available, no matter what. However, the space skills they can use rely ENTIRELY on what ship you are using. Upstairs at Earthspace dock is the ship vendor room. Check the holograms along the walls to see what ship gets access to what. At that point, it's a matter of knowing what skills will and will not be used. That way you know what space skills are worth teaching. By your example, your Science BO will only have access to his/her Ensign and Lieut skills. The other two go unused.

BO rarity refers to BO starting with more powerful versions of skills or skills that can't be learned by normal means. If you have one I'm pretty sure you can train the skills off to your existing BO's. I just did it today for my Engineer. Turns out I picked Aceton Field which ended up being bugged atm... :/