List your top three short, mid, and long-term requests for the game
View Single Post
Join Date: Dec 2007
02-08-2010, 05:22 AM
And my updated list, since some work got done at Memory Alpha
Yellow = new items
- Make weapons auto-holster when beaming down to starbases or for non-combat missions.
- Lower the proportion of first-tier (red) anomalies to second-tier (blue) and third-tier (green) anomalies. I am sitting on piles of red data that realistically I'll never use.
- Standardize the available equipment from NPC vendors. It seems odd that you can't buy dual pistols anywhere, and a lot of vendors seem to have gaps in their inventory. I don't expect federation requisition officers to have ship disruptors, but they should at least have a full selection of phaser bank types.
- More fleet actions in existing sectors. Ideally, there should be a new one every 4-5 grades in the progression, with several at Admiral.
- A "task force" interface that allows players to form task forces out of 2-4 teams and do fleet actions and sector battles together.
- Implement something closer to a traditional crafting system than what Memory Alpha is.
- Focus on branching storylines; give players choices during the missions that affect the outcomes (and maybe the rewards) of the missions.
- Introduce missions with a risk of failure that would require you to start the mission (or part of it) over; timers that you have to beat (escape the base before it explodes), the ability for the NPC you're protecting to actually be destroyed/killed, etc.
- Introduce romulan and cardassian as playable factions, with unique PvE and PvP content for each.