View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-08-2010, 08:59 AM
**** was still the worst gold-spamming launch in my memory. The gold sellers there were the stuff of legends. Of course, **** also featured an unlimited ignore list, and a great little /anon command. I'd forget to turn it on when I first logged on, but the first spam tell I got would always remind me. This still doesn't do anything for general chat (in my experience, starbase is the worst, followed by sector space, after that it's not much of a problem) or for mail. I'd like to see a feature that allows you to refuse mail from all trial accounts. As for the chat problem, I don't think a filter will do much good. If you block anything with a URL in it, they'll just write the URL in a "creative" way to get around the feature. At this point, we need to see the GM's wielding a great big ban stick. If one needs to be set to do nothing but review spammer reports, then I'd say that that is worth it for a little while to improve the quality of the game. Heck, I'd volunteer to be an unpaid "spammer killer" for an hour or so every night.