I'm running a:
MBP5,1
OSX 10.5.8
2.4GHz Int Core 2 Duo
4GB 1067 Mhz DDR3
NVIDIA GeF 9400M

I downloaded Beta4 from your link...

Followed the install instructions...

In the Wineskin app I set the display settings to Full and Current.

From "Show package contents" I open the "Mac OS" folder....
When I try to use the "startrekonline.app" it sits in the Dock and bounces.
If I use the "Wineskin" line right below that the program opens, I can log in, everything patches/verifies fine, the Cryptic and Atari pages load, and then the StarFleet logo appears. From there it crashes.

I am currently trying the CrossOver Version, put it takes so long to patch the connection times out...

...and now that I have already activated the game on my Mac, it wont let me go back and install it on either of my PC's.
well for starters... do NOT try to run the Star Trek Online.app that is inside the MacOS folder... it wont work, and its not supposed to. That is the main app you'll se running in the dock, but it has to be launched a special way. The main wrapper app... is a launcher that takes care of everything. You want to double click that to run, not just go inside it and run things.

That said, if you run Wineskin the executable in the MacOS folder, it will do mostly the same thing that running it correctly would do.... so if it crashes that way, you still have a problem.

Mine always crashed in that same exact place, until I disabled GLSL.... I wonder if you all crashing should try to re-enable it just for a test and see what happens???

inside the wrapper at Contents/Resources there is a file called user.reg
you can open this in TextEdit.app.
use search and find (without the quotes) "Software\\Wine\\Direct3D"

when you find that you should see a line under it that says...
"UseGLSL"="disabled"
change the word from disabled, to enabled.... save and exit... and try again. If it still crashes, go back and change it to disabled and try again.

I had it working for a few launches with enabled before, then all of a sudden it started crashing again, and i had to launch it a few times each way then all of a sudden it started working again. Its just kinda finkle in some way, probably cuz the build of Wine is very... not standard... not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teotgawki
Got the logs, can't make heads or tails of them.

There's a quite a few things that look off in lastwinerun, but that log is a bit too long to post here. Anythng in particular I should look for? I tried to narrow it down by string matching "err" but that was still quite a bit of info.
nothing wrong with that X11 log... and usually there will not be, its not worth looking at unless the game fails to launch at all.

hard to say what to look at. Best bet is just make a post of the wine log on pastebin.com and give the link here, and I can look through it and see if anything catches my eye.