View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Tablet Incompatibility
02-09-2010, 11:13 AM
I apologize in advance for not doing an extensive search on the subject's previous discussions...

I know that the nature of a touchscreen or tablet pen or anything like that is completely incompatible with navigation and anything other than cursor-ing...

But.. for some inexplicable reason, STO doesn't like touch screens and tablet pens being used AS cursors!

With touch, I have to double-click anything I'd normally single-click with a mouse.

With Tablet pen (mine is Wacom, a respectable and common brand) I can do nothing but point! The cursor follows my pen, but it will not click... it will select, it will point, but it will not engage or click.

I'd like to have my tablet pen or touch screen ability when creating a character, equipping my characters and ships, and hitting commands in combat... but for some reason beyond me, the pen is completely disabled beyond just a hovering cursor.

Again, I'm not worried about using pen/touch for navigation... that's a natural incompatibility... the above argument seems to only be a glitch.

Thanks in advance for addressing this concern ^_^