Thread: Refunds
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjhend1 View Post
Below is the verbatim from my customer service ticket. Has anyone been able to successfully get a refund? If so, how long did it take?

Refund - #********

Star Trek Online 02/06/2010

Hello,

I would like to receive a refund on my lifetime subscription to this game. It has been reported that this is possible within the 30 day trial period.

Thank you,

RH*************

Customer Service Response:

There have been no responses to this ticket yet.
This is why you fail. No one ever reads the full contract when they buy something nowa days. they just buy then want thier cash back when they seem to not like it.

Here is my take on this. The prelaunch and near end of open beta promoted the life time sub. You had up untill 1 Feb to buy the damned thing. You like the sucker you are bought it and got board with the game and cry for your sach back.

Its not Crypticas fault fo you lack of "enjoying" the game at a decent pace. yet They(Cryptic) gave you near 2 weeks to drop 250 bucks into a life time sub.

IMO if i was in cryptic shoes you would get a letter that read something like this.

Dear *****

I am sorry to hear that you have lost intrest in the game. Sadly all sales are final and you are basicly SOl on getting the 250 for your already paid life time sub scription. Since we can not "delete" accounts and you already recived the bonuses that come with the Life time sub the contract you agreed to by acceting and sending the payment is binding.

Again sorry for your mistake but we can not help you

Cryptic.

But maybe this is why I do not work for a gaming company.