Thread: Refunds
View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
/putontinfoilhat

Ploy? Wow, astounding. If it were a dishonest ploy the better business bureau would be all over them. It was an offer for those who wanted it with a little bit of incentive through perks. I doubt many people actually got one. Ask around, do some investigative journalism. I think you will be surprised by the lack of lifers.
Perhaps my disappointment in the game has made me a bit cynical, and I know "ploy" was perhaps too strong a word, but I can't think of one that fits better. I didn't mean to imply that a large number of people would buy lifetime subscriptions, but they knew the quality of the game they were putting out, they knew there would be high amounts of ragequits so why NOT get some money from the more trusting, gullible or dedicated? The BBB wouldn't touch this as it's a legitimate deal; you get a lifetime subscription for as long as the product is available, unless I'm mistaken.

Do I think some guys in suits sit around a big table thinking of ways to fleece the unsuspecting? No. Do I think some guy in marketing pitched this to his boss when he was gunning for a promotion? Maybe.