View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaigen42 View Post
I know for a fact that Starship Engineering Training improves Directed Energy Modulation and the Auxiliary Power to X abilities. I suspect that it affects Reverse Shield Polarity, Aceton Field and perhaps Extend Shields, but haven't tested to confirm. I know it does not affect the Emergency Power to X abilities, which means anyone not in a cruiser won't see much benefit from the Techie trait or Starship Engineering Training.
You know for a fact? How exactly? No offense, but I'd like to see some proof if you're interested in providing it. All you need to do is go into the game, press "P", find the powers you mentioned and select them. You'll get a dialogue telling you exactly which skills modify each of the abilities you mentioned. Is "Starship Engineering Training" actually listed among them? I think you're going to find that the answer is "no".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
Starship engineering training is the base skill contributor to all engineering space powers. From what I can tell, it contributes a little to every space engineering ability that I use.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I see a comment like this one every time this ability gets questioned, and yet no actual proof is provided beyond what's basically boiling down to someone's gut feeling. Don't take this the wrong way, but there can be a very important difference between how someone assumes a skill works based on logical deduction and how it actually works. Especially in this game. That's not so much a flaw on the player's part as it is a problem with poor documentation.