View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-11-2010, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormammu View Post
I think your point of concern may be slightly off, Combadge. You seem to be calling out Techie as a poor trait. I would suggest the problem is not with Techie, but with Starship Engineering Training. This skill should clearly affect all Engineering skills, just as Starship Operations (theoretically) affects all Science skills. If it does not, that would seem to be a problem.
Starship Operations modifies most of the science skills, although not all of them. At the same time, it's the only tier 1 skill in the Starship Operations category. Starship Engineering Training seems to modify very few in comparison, at least officially, although I suppose that's because so many of the engineering skills draw from Starship Warp Core Training instead.

But after this discussion I'm beginning to believe Starship Engineering Training modifies several BO skills that aren't displaying correctly. Namely - Aceton Field, Extend Shields, Reverse Shield Polarity, Boarding Party (?), Auxilary to Dampeners, and Auxilary to Battery.

As was pointed out earlier, we know that it at least affects Eject Warp Plasma, Directed Energy Modulation, Auxilary Power to Structural, Rotate Shield Frequency, and it modifies the strength of your cloaking field.