View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-12-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnzoMatrixLT View Post
On the Nvidia site it says:

"If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update. "

Did you get the software update? Someone also mentioned background programs, my anti-virus kept running in the beckground for me. Other than that, laptops historiclly run slower because of the narrow bus on a laptop, as opposed to a desktop. Last, HEAT; make sure that you have a cooling pad for you laptop when running games like STO.
I updated my drivers last night, what nVidia means is go to the Dell site and update your BIOS. Takes about 5 mins. That is update nVidia wants you todo before you update to the lastest nVidia Driver (195.62) It helps, i saw some improvements.

i am running on a Dell 630 laptop with a nVidia Quatro NVS 135M with a Inte Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz and 2 GB Ram (upping to 4 this weekend.) on XP. The game runs well. I need to bump down to LOW Grapihcs for away missions and fleet combat with lots of asteroids. But very playable.