View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utukku2000 View Post
a. Death in ground missions, you are simply knocked out or badly wounded. You can be healed by your team and if a complete team-wipe occurs, the ship in orbit transports you back to safety.

b. Ship is destroyed in space combat, Star Fleet has transwarp technology now so when a ship is crippled an emergency corridor is formed and the ship is warped to safety for repair.
This is the best explanation I have seen yet, and may I say that I'm adopting it as my personal explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utukku2000 View Post
Just because Cryptic does not explain the how the system works does not mean we cannot fill in the lines. When it comes to RP, sometimes making your own story tangents is the most fun. Strictly sticking to cannon info can limit your own storylines.
Too true. I'm a quiet gamer, I almost entirely solo, rarely interacting with other people. However I heavily support RP and prefer RP servers in other games. While I may not interact with others very much I greatly appreciate them fleshing out the universe around me. Knowing that I'm in a vibrant dynamic world adds to my enjoyment, even if I am a loner.