View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 1 Pets come alive!
02-13-2010, 10:54 PM
Here is a suggestion in game play for any STO developer who might be interested in the concept.

Our Bridge Officers are great in the battle field, but letís make it even more interesting. How about this.....

During the course of BO development, have an opposite sex Bridge Officer start to say how much they admire your leadership, bravery, and then eventually admits their falling in love with you.

This Bridge Officer whose started to fall in love with you begins to exhibit signs of perhaps not wanting to go down to an away team with you, "unless" you respond to this poor love sick person with either a proper response or take them off active roster for awhile in situations.

That's an example of one way to go with this. What I'm trying to suggest, is to add "Human Social Engineering" into the missions with your own BOs where their responses may become unpredictable and like in the real world, will have consequences unless managed and addressed.

The real great thing about STO is all these unless variations of solo missions but even these can start to feel like a grind unless you add a different spice all around. I think alot of Solo players would find this interesting. Letís say a BO wants to be Captain and after over a period of time tries to sabotage your career or worse. Letís say one of your BOs is really a spy, and youíre not sure which one but you got some good Intel telling you one of them is a badie.. And you have to figure out before it's too late. Let's say one of your BOs whose female is going to have a baby, and is unavailable to your team until her trimesters are over.

Letís say one of your BOs constantly argues with you, or is driving the entire bridge nuts and your other BOs start to complain about him or her. How about making a BO a cook? Have your own internal bridge party or future 10-forward. Making the BOs more realistic I really think is a great idea.

What do you think?

I suspect the younger crowd will no doubt jeer this because their mostly into the action play, while perhaps the older STO audience would welcome this interesting complexity into the game play.

What do you think?

Cheers!