View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 05:09 AM
I have a problem with people who argue absolutes.

From what I've seen the extreme fed argument is that Cloak is overpowering. No ifs, ands, or buts. The Klingons, according to this argument, either shouldn't have it or it should be nerfed beyond any sort of usefulness.

The typical Klingon argument that I've seen goes something like this: We are superior human beings behind the computer. Federation players are all subhuman slime and suck.

Neither of these arguments help the situation.

Posts like the OP, however, do help put things into focus and contribute in a positive way.

As for myself, I like what Cryptic is trying to do. I prefer asymmetric balance rather than both factions having the same exact everything. I do, however, feel that Cloak might give a somewhat lopsided advantage simply because there's very few ways to detect it or otherwise combat it. I suppose that's the point, but I wish there were countermeasures other than sensor sweep which isn't all that reliable.

When I'm fighting Klingons it feels like a kind of Anti-Submarine Warfare with a third dimension and no real ASW mechanism other than playing ball and waiting for the inevitable attack.

However, I realize that Klingon ships generally can't slug it out with federation ships in a toe-to-toe engagement. At least, that's what I understand. It's just frustrating that no matter what it seems the Klingons have the initiative and nothing I or my comrades can do will have any effect on that.