View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamiSilver
Well thing is.. I dont realy like Vulcans. Sure Spock was an entertaining character, but i have pretty much the same problem with Vulcans as i have with Jedis in Star Wars. You cant be "Good" if you lack feelings as much as the are suppose to do...
This wouldn't be the place to get into a big discussion about Vulcans, but what's "fascinating" to me about Vulcans is not their often presumed lack of emotion (which only comes through Kohlinar) but in their efforts to deal with emotions and put a violent history behind them. I just perceive a lot more going on under the surface than you might expect from a "thinking machine"-type being.

For example, what can you say is necessarily logical, for a logical race, about maintaining religious-type rites and traditions? And isn't there something almost magical (highly illogical) about the mental abilities they have and their projection of will? Yah, a lot going on under the surface in my opinion.

But this is a discussion for another place and time (and that's probably all I'd want to contribute at the moment, anyway).

---

P.S. But, yeah, no Nazis -- but one's past can be anything.