View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-15-2010, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YunoLegacy
Most MMOs have at least 3-4 years of actual development. Word is that STO had two.
That is irrelevant, It could have had 30 seconds.
Quote:
Your points are based on hypothetical situations which may or may not happen. The direction of the game never conforms to everyone's ideals, as such you have to appeal to the majority.
You don't have to appeal to the majority. That is false. You don't miss the pitch, you have to do things your own way.
Quote:

And the bug thing is just speculation.
It is a promise. Too many hardware/software combo's.

Quote:
They wouldn't be in the same boat. Chances are, they wouldn't have picked up the game to develop in the first place. And if they did, they would have had another two years to flesh it out futher. To close the gaps in the content, for example, rework the skill trees, allow the game to be more stable, actually put in some decent endgame content - heck maybe even a proper Klingon faction?
All that is coming.
There is enough content for a month.
Cryptic was given this IP because it COULD have it out in a few years. Cryptic has this engine that can create an mmo faster than other companies.

Quote:
Congratulations on you being a programmer. Not that I'm sure it's relevant. A programmer only represents one aspect of game development, so your apparent knowledge of methodology is irrelevant.
I am telling you man, you will never ever understand this. THere is no point on discussing it.

Quote:
Being a programmer yourself, would you consider it acceptable to release an 'app' (I'm assuming iPhone) that has gaping holes in it? Why would you pay for that application when you can get an application elsewhere for the same price or cheaper which does everything and more? You see what I'm getting at here?
I work for the tax revenue agency of Canada. If I did, I would get a slap on the wrist. We can't make BIG applications because we know that BIG applications cause problems.

Quote:

And in the future, I would avoid the casual comments, "it's cool man" - it just makes you look like an arrogant, self-important jerk.
And pointing it out makes you what, exactly?
Quote:
If you can't get what I've just typed, then there's little hope for you. I won't be wasting any more of my time trying to explain simple concepts to you.
There isn't.