View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usagizero View Post
I'd just like to point out most of those quests were/are "kill x of y" or "get x off of y" or my least favorite "take x to y", all with very slow travel involved. Yeah, i get that some of the quests here are like that, but it wouldn't really make this game better to extend leveling time and repeating more and more of the quests. And personally i didn't care a lick for the lore or story of WoW, bland fantasy for the most part, your opinion may vary, and with addons telling where quest objectives were, i got to the point of just racing through them. I can go from character creation in WoW to cap in two or three weeks. I've done it, just to see how fast. It's easy, but boring.

Guild Wars has a quick cap, and while i can't really stand that game, people enjoy it after cap. I haven't hit cap here yet, so i don't know what happens or what you can do, but there is more to life and games than hitting cap.

Edit:

Because i forgot:

Can i have your stuff?

Later, brah.

Unfortunately most MMO's are founded on the go kill X number of Y and look for 5 Z's while you are at it. I thought the leveling in STO was far too fast, I would often only complete two or three missions and I would suddenly level. I would sometimes gather as many as 4000 points to spend on my captain without realizing how quickly I had gathered them up.

Those sort of missions don't hold a lot of value but they do take up time... the time sink in STO appears to be confusion.

I honestly feel that if the quests were laid out logically and the locations given plainly, the game would take a few days to cap. It is only the muddled quests and shoe box system design that impedes your progress to cap.

And, you mentioned the dreaded "W" word!!!! Now the thread will get derailed into incoherent babbling about how things aren't the same and x's will replace "K" and "S" (thnx) and words will be truncated so much they will no longer resemble any language worth knowing. Great.

And no you can't have my stuff! I am still using it! Later Broseph.